Art Clay Silver Paper Type 10g. Approximately 3"x3".
Fold it, pleat it, or punch out shapes for appliqué. Unique paper-thin sheet of silver clay that needs no drying time. When used alone, requires kiln firing at 1472F for 30 minutes.
This item can only be shipped to destinations within the U.S.A. and Canada.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Specifications: Width 40mm x Length 200mm. Thickness 0.25mm
Thickness 0.25mm / contains 96% fine silver prior to firing.
● Art Clay Silver Paper Type is a precious metal material that turns into pure silver (99.9%) after firing. ● You can easily fold, bend, punch or cut shapes with a pair of scissors or paper punches just like you do with regular paper materials. You can apply techniques from Origami, paper-crafting, fabric and leather crafting.
[INSTRUCTIONS] [STORAGE] ・Manufacturer Aida chemical industries Co., LTD. http://www.artclay.co.jp/ Shaping Firing Finishing TM CAUTION
● Make a shape by folding, bending, etc. Consider the finished size because Paper Type shrinks up to 10% in length.
● Do not apply any additional moisture onto the surface. It will remain soft during your work without moistening.
● Do not apply any excess moisture onto Paper Type, or it will lose its characteristics.
● If your piece has a crack, you can repair it after firing with Art Clay Silver Paste Type (Formula after Apr.2015). Do not use Art Clay Silver Paste Type to repair at this stage. CAUTION *NO DRYING IS NEEDED.
● There is no need to dry the piece before firing. Do not use a hot air dryer or other appliances to dry the piece. It may be fragile due to the binder’s characteristic. Do not dry the piece on top of an electric kiln, the binder may catch fire.
● You must fire the piece with an electric kiln. Preparation : Ventilate your workroom well. Temperature : Put the piece into a cold kiln and raise the temperature to 800℃/1472℉ or 850℃/1562℉ making sure to take more than 10 min. to do so. Holding time : 30 min. at 800℃/1472℉ or 20 min. at 850℃/1562℉. CAUTION
● Do not place any inflammable items around the electric kiln.
● Do not put the piece into a warm kiln exceeding a temperature of 200℃/392℉, as it may cause deformation or may burst.
● Ventilate your workroom well during firing. Although the binder is not harmful for humans, it creates smoke during firing.
● You cannot use a gas torch, gas stove, or microwave kiln to fire the piece because Paper Type is a very thin material, and these firing methods may melt the piece. Also, please note microwave kiln firing may cause a spark if used.
● When firing a dimensional piece, use a support material, such as fiber blanket, to avoid deforming. Do not pack the support material too tightly in the folded Paper Type. It will affect the shrinking process, and may cause the piece to break.
● When taking the fired piece from the kiln, do not touch it with your fingers as it will still be HOT! For polishing, cool it down completely, and finish the piece. CAUTION
● The surface of the fired piece will be white and matte due to crystallization of silver, and sometimes it may show yellow spots due to the smoke of fiber blanket, but luster can be obtained by polishing. (e. g. stainless brush, burnisher, buffing points etc.).
● Do not try to bend or add too much pressure onto the fired piece as it may break or crack. If the piece breaks or cracks, use Art Clay Silver Paste Type (Formula after Apr.2015) for repairing.
● Do not store or work with this product at a temperature of more than 50℃/122℉ and/or humidity more than 80%. Do not store in a refrigerator.
● Store the unused portion of Paper Type in the original paper package at room temperature. You do not need to store in plastic wrap or an airtight container.
● Keep the clay indoors and out of direct sunlight.
● Keep this product out of the reach of children. [RE-USE of PAPER TYPE]
● You cannot reconstitute the remaining or left over portion into either Art Clay Silver Clay Type or the original Paper Type by adding water, because the reconditioned clay cannot be dried easily and may burst during firing. Paper Type cannot be reconstituted by rolling into a sheet. Please recycle Paper Type to use as Paste instead. Please note strength in dried state, and that adhesiveness is weaker than Art Clay Silver Paste Type.
● Containing a different binder, do not mix the remaining or left over Paper Type with other Art Clay Series products.
●If you touch the Paper Type with a moistened finger, you will feel a sticky surface. This reaction is from the character of Paper Type, and it is not a quality issue. [PRECAUTIONS]
●Sometimes brown spots can be found on Paper Type surface. It is not a quality issue, but due to discoloration of binder, and it will disappear during firing.
●Paper Type binder is more easily burned when compared to other Art Clay series products. Keep Paper Type away from high temperature or any fire.
● If you get this product in your eyes or mouth, flush immediately with plenty of water and call your physician.
No customer comments for the moment.